Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Holy Moments


I am stealing this idea from my beautiful friend Nik, who recently wrote a note about such things.  Here are a few things that I have been touched with lately. 

- incredible breakfasts with great friends that last till 2pm 
- meeting new people at frisbee who are  and seeing improvement
- late night ice cream
- helping to celebrate people who have been married for 25 years
- watching kids learn about God, love and life through music
- laughing with friends over lunch about funny churchy/creepy music
- making plans with Kim because she is such a great friend that I miss her when we don't hangout enough
- playing soccer with matthew and matthew - he's 10 and he is wayyyyy better than I am
-seeing humanity and self doubt in my advisor- even great academics question themselves once in a while
- dinner with Steph and Steph and celebrating
-watching my talented friend show off her incredible music abilities

There is so much beauty and holiness in the seemingly normal. I don't ever want to take things like this for granted. 

No comments: