Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Apathy


The upstairs bathroom at Matt's house has ants. They've been taking over for a while now...slowly appearing in the summer and crawling most disgustingly on the counter, the shower curtain and on the floor. I've killed quite a few of them. 

The boy's bathroom gets pretty disgusting. And by pretty disgusting- I meant super gross, don't-want-to-touch-anything yucky. I guess that is to be expected when it gets cleaned twice a year and three guys who leave gross little shaved facial hairs everywhere and apparently aren't afraid to live in their own filth don't mind.

I have a confession.


Last night I saw the ants crawling near my toothbrush. Yup. I had a fleeting feeling of disgust. Then I smushed a few with my finger. 

And then my grossed-outness feeling passed.
Yup. It passed.


Cait: "Matt, the ants are crawling near my toothbrush again."
Matt: (still wearing his medal for being the only one to clean the bathroom since September) "WHAT? I cleaned the bathroom two weeks ago- they're back?!"
Cait: (thinks briefly that Matt has a decreasing IQ for thinking that it's acceptable to clean a bathroom once in three months)  "yup- they're back. "

End of conversation. 

I'm not sure if I should pat myself on the back for being so apathetic and laid-back about the ants (and maybe for not just biting the bullet and cleaning their damn bathroom myself) or to give myself a swift kick in the ass.
I solved the problem by telling myself that I've never ACTUALLY seen them crawl on my toothbrush.
The way I see it, it's only a matter of time. 

Don't judge too much, ok?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I cleaned the bathroom last week! not two weeks ago. Just so you have your facts correct

Cait said...

"anonymous" eh?
classy.boyfriend.

Anonymous said...

um...i love you cait mac. and you too, matt penman. i worry about the ants though. i will pray about this situation. :)

Anonymous said...

Sorry miss hi tech fancy blogger, the common person doesn't have these google/blogger identities. It's like you have a "second" life.

cait said...

you're hilarious matt.
I think you should get a virtual girlfriend like luke.
maybe she'd give you her "gift"

Anonymous said...

at least the virtual girlfriend gives gift...the only gifts i give are my bathroom grime contributions! thanks for cleaning, matt.

Rho said...

all the rest aside...
i love this post... and the ever oh-so-clever undertones that lie beneath it...